Originally Posted by moparx
yes, the isolators were the reason for the height difference. that said, when the taller spindles are used on the earlier cars, this introduces a different camber curve into the geometry, which will produce arguments and opinions on both sides of good and bad characteristics using this spindle. for 99.999% of the users, this is of no concern, as a good alignment allows them to work perfectly. the other .001% seem to want or need what they want or need.
over the years i have done countless conversions using these spindles for myself and others, and by now, i'm sure there are millions and millions of miles traveled without issues. i have never heard, or seen any.
beer

So just to be sure and get it clear!

The distance between the shaft/bearing ( center of wheel ) and LCA is the same between earliers and laters spindles while te distance difference is actually located between shaft/bearing and UCA.

And of course this just affects aligment specs but not the ride height which actually will remain the same being still the same on bottom section of spindle.

Now I have a question. Phisically is posible to swap the spindles L to R, but... could this be done to change the calipers indexing for convenience? Visually it seems this is posible without affect anything on geometry or axles distance.

Sorry the highjack to the OP, but this could be interesting!

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela