i have stood the taller spindles side by side, and at most, there may be 7/16" difference, depending on the casting. with the upper balljoint taper machining depth done, it likely would amount to a height difference of around 5/16-3/8" difference, depending on casting length and how the casting was fixtured for machining. add in the tolerance stacking allowed back in those days, plus tire size used in your application, if there is any one contributing thing that would create a visible/measurable height difference, i would say it would be the tire itself.
the reason i say this. pick three identical size tires from three different manufacturers. these can have up to one inch difference in height, tread width, and section width, and still meet the manufacturers quality specifications when mounted on the same size [width] wheel.
hard to believe, but try it some time. seeing is believing. just my real world experience of way over 50yrs.
so, in my opinion, i don't believe the spindles themselves would contribute anything with regards to "lowering" the vehicle ride height by any significant/measurable amount that would be visible to the eye.
beer