Originally Posted By AndyF
Yeah I think Mazzolini had a 383 with B1 heads a few years back. 8500 rpm shift points or something crazy like that. I don't know what the power level was but I'm sure it was up there. A combination like that would be a good match for a big inch SB with killer heads. The inches are about the same and the head flow would probably be roughly the same. The big block has larger bore size and room for bigger valves so it might hold its own. Probably comes down to who is building the engine and who is paying the bills.

Mazolini first 417 C.I. B1 motor was bought from Koffels which had been in there Comp eliminator car, it was a KB block with 4.5 bore and a stroke short enough to make that C.I.. He put in his 1964 Savoy SS car to make it into a SS/BM, he would shift it right at 8600 RPM, if he miss the shift by 150 RPM it would pull one or more of the 5/16 bolts that held the T&D rocker stands out whiney
His second motor had a set of B1-MC heads on it and it was smaller, 411 C.I. work I think he still has that motor shruggy
Short stroke, large bore, big heads up

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)