Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By 383man
I have really enjoyed reading about all these great combo's on here. Its interesting to see how many went about it to meet their goals. I always enjoy reading about street combo's that are kinda like normal drivers. It was important to me that I built my car to run good on 91 to 93 pump as I wanted to drive it a lot and be able to get gas in any gas station I pull into. And I wanted my car very driver friendly where it would start easy and have good all around driveability. Besides I cant afford to build anything real fast anyway as I know that's out of my ballpark with my health and financial situation. But I gotta say I love being able to just drive my car anytime I want to a cruise , car show or to the track. And I love the Nostalgia Super Stock racing and so far every club I wanted to race with was glad to have me. I hope to hit a few NSS races this year if my budget lets me as my local track (Cecil County) has a club (Uninted NSS) that runs a race once a month and my son and I had a blast at their race in Oct. Basically just bracket racing with the cars I love. Best of luck to everyone with their cars and Merry Christmas to all my Moparts friends. Ron

I agree. I'd much rather drive my car than do all trailer crap and deal with the track and the rules blah blah blah.

Pump gas, drive to the track and drive home. That's fun. And I can drive year round.

I tell ya with my back and knee problems it is nice that when I am done racing and everyone is crawling under their cars to tie them down on or in their trailers all I do is put a little air back in the rear tires and then drive home. Heck lately just bending over putting air in my tires is tuff enough on my knee's and back. But it would be a bummer if I break something with no tow but knock on wood since I first raced and drove my 63 to the track in 2007 it has always driven home. I did break a few teeth on an axle gear once but it still drove home fine as it just jumped a little on turns. As long as nothing breaks I love it. But my brother lives about 5 miles from Cecil where I usually race so if I break I can get it towed to his house and fix it there as my house is 45 miles from the track. Ron