I have the Long HB1000s H-pattern shifter mounted in my 69 RR. I modified the Long mounting pad and welded the Long pad to the A833 shifter mounting pad. The Long shifter is in the same position as the original Hurst.

I also had custom operating levers made that are shorter than the original, in an effort to shorten the shifter throw. The 1-2 and the 3-4 operating levers were machined to be the same length hole to hole.

The unfortunate result of the Long h-pattern shifter is a noticeably longer throw than the original Hurst shifter even with the custom shorter operating levers. Furthermore, the 1-2 shifter throw and 3-4 shifter throw on the Long shifter are the same length, thus creating a problem when adjusting the shifter stop bolts. The Hurst shifter throws are different in length between the 1-2 and the 3-4, correlating with different length operating lever lengths original to the A833.

One last thing, The Long H-pattern shifter is not friendly to a fast and hard 2-3 shift. My opinion is for an h-pattern the Hurst is a superior choice on an A833.