In November, Boone and Dale attended "Mopars at the Park", also at Tulsa Raceway Park, and Dale took runner-up in Super Pro while Boone ran 10.55-128 in the Ruster, which was his best numbers with the car NA.

Then on December 2nd I got a call from Dale, and as soon as I said hello, he just blurted it out. "Michael is gone...he died of a heart attack last night!"
"Dear Lord...how old are the boys now?"
"Eighteen and Sixteen, they are staying with their Grandma right now. I just can't believe it, the last thing he told me before we left for Drag Week was that he would definitely have the new Duster ready for next year...and now he'll never get the chance!"
I rubbed my eyes and tried to comprehend what this meant, the boys had lost their mother to an industrial accident years earlier, now they had neither parent at such a young age. "Who is going to look out for their interests with all of Michael's cars and stuff? You are going to have to keep an eye out, so it doesn't all disappear from under them!"
"The Duster is at my house, in his enclosed trailer. I've already talked with them and let them know that I'll keep everything secure until they get their feet under them and are ready to deal with all this".
"He was only fifty", Dale exhaled into the phone, "what the heck".
"Monte was only fifty-three, Dale, we aren't promised tomorrow, none of us!"
"How close was he to going this year?" I questioned Dale, just because I couldn't think of another thing to add.
"He said a couple of hours, but I looked at it when he brought it to me, and it really needs a week at least."
"Take care of yourself little brother...love you", I croaked out.
"Dave, you need to lose weight again, we ain't getting any younger", he admonished.
"Yeah, yeah, I know!"

BldkoC5f-4078170165 (2).jpgScreenshot_20171105-214459.png.jpeg16473691_1253182491455820_30499437742599071_n.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines