I know, I know...I haven't even finished the 2017 story! Or even the 2016 story completely. But I figure I need to start this one so the 2017 thread doesn't get bombarded with questions about this year.

It seems like these days the talk about the next Drag Week starts as soon as we leave for home from the current one. At least for my brothers anyway, for myself, I'm wrapped up in scouring the internet for as many pictures and tidbits of info on other participants that I can find. The internet moves fast anymore, and if I don't jump on it quick, it all disappears into the ether.

It wasn't that I was just resting on my laurels, or spending all my time chained in front of the PC. I had already loaded up the Valiant and took it to the West Coast Hot Rod Association event in Tucson October 27th and 28th. John Hindley and his Dad hosted me at the race, and dialed in the rear suspension to get the car to leave better than it has in quite some time, we also played around with timing and jetting, picking up a tenth and a half over the ten pass outing. Since it was an evening race we even took the time to cruise to a Saturday car show in the interim, so I was pretty happy with the Valiant when I returned to Phoenix.

I was barely into Monday at Cordova on my Drag Week 2017 story when Hot Rod announced the tracks for Drag Week 2018(Dec 7th), they also announced some of the changes they were proposing for the upcoming 2018-2020 rules package. The southeast was appealing because it would be four new tracks, but the distance was a serious hurdle. The proposed rules were a joke, so I had to fire off several scathing letters in rebuke to HotRod.com!

20171028_105004_1509213172985.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines