Originally Posted By fuelishnsilly
Originally Posted By Morty426
Originally Posted By fuelishnsilly
He is doing a GTX. What would have been already assembled? I'm guessing doors, fenders, hood, trunk lid were all attached already? He is looking to do a base clear vs the single stage.

I also know the GTX got that organisol paint on the lower part of the car below the body molding. Would the color of the car been painted all the way down or just down far enough past that molding so as they did not waste paint?

Is there a reason you can't tell us the year? Over communicate, please!

I'm assuming it's a 69 but it matters. It also matters what factory it came from.

As Scott pointed out if he's going two stage he's already failed so what's the point?

You asked for correct, is that what he wants or is he going down the Home Depot to buy some Krylon?

Morty,

He is using PPG automotive paint and not Krylon. Also, if using Base / Clear is so bad, why are manufacturers using that on cars today? And isn't OE now allowing base / clear also? Whats wrong with having radial tires on a car when the originals were the bias ply tires? Maybe he is missing the mark by using PPG instead of whatever brand of paint the factory used? Seriously, he is trying to make it look like how it would have been in 1969 with the gray primer showing and all but it shouldn't matter if he uses base / clear and radial tires since he is not building an OE car nor plans on doing that route.

The reason is the EPA. They are killing off non-water based paint. Base coat / clear coat leaves a wet finish that many people like, but that is not how it left the factory. If he wants correct then you need the single stage, if he wants the glossy look then BC/CC - it's his car.