...a few weeks later (early May) when the Charger decided to take another siesta while briskly moving with freeway traffic. This time she had it towed by her insurance.

Checks revealed good fuel pump pressure and flow, but no spark. Commenced troubleshooting the ignition system now built around a Firecore Ready to Run (RTR) distributor and special coil, shorted (no) ballast, Firecore spark plug wires, and electronic voltage regulator. All evidence pointed to distributor, so contacted Firecore. Went through their troubleshooting process, and everything seemed to check out. But Charger would not start, still no spark.

In consult with the owner, I decided to reinstall the original points distributor, stock coil and ballast resistor. Engine started right up and ran perfectly.

I again contacted Rick at Firecore. He asked me to ship the RTR to him with the coil for a "factory check", which I did. Heard nothing for a month, so called him. He said the RTR would have to be returned to the purchaser (engine shop) so they could initiate a refund with the seller (Summit Racing).

I asked him to ship it directly to the engine shop. About 2 weeks later received a box with the RTR. I guess Rick was confused. So I send it to the engine shop. Long story short I finally got the refund about 3 months after initially contacting Firecore. Apparently they were in the middle of shedding their sales/support operation to major retailers like Summit. Even so, I am quite unimpressed with their product and service.

Last edited by 70runner; 10/07/18 09:01 PM.