Suspension. As the K member, steering box, and LCAs were sitting on the engine dolly it was time to clean and inspect everything. Records from the 2nd owner indicated the front suspension was "rebuilt" in 2015. There were polyurethane bushings on the stabilizer links and new grease cups on the tie rod ends, otherwise it didn't appear to me that anything else was done.

This was confirmed when I began to disassemble the front suspension. The left side strut rod front threads were badly damaged (camping trip encounter?), to the point where it was impossible to remove the nut. So I had to cut the rod to remove it. So now I needed a strut rod. Why not buy some news ones?...so we ordered some HD ones from Mancini. They arrived and did not fit. They are longer than OE and the shoulder at the LCA end is too wide to fit into the LCA slot (pic1). Fortunately the parts bin came through again as I had a couple extra B body strut rods laying about. The bushings on neither strut rod had been changed, ever.

When I began removing the LCAs, the left side pivot shaft nut and pivot shaft spun in the LCA housing, suggesting the bushing was toast. At this point we decided to order Moog parts (my preferred) to do a proper front suspension rebuild. Cleaned up and did my simulated cosmoline paint job on the LCAs.

mancinistrutrods2.jpgLCA.jpgKmember.jpg
Last edited by 70runner; 12/14/19 08:14 PM.