Originally Posted By caper
I have a 69 Dart 496, 650 hp car weights 3600 lbs, caltracs with mono leaf springs, double adjustable Afco shocks all around.
I have been running drag radials for the past 10 years. I had my best 60' on a well prepped track at 1.40. Most tracks are not well prepped so I gave up on the radials and went to bias ply M/T 28' 10.5. Last week I have a best 60' at 1.46, most were 1.50s. It feels like the car hooks than releases. I feel the car is hitting the tires to hard. The caltracs are adjusted in the bottom hole. Slicks have no tubes in them. How much air pressure are you running in your slicks with a 3600 lb car? I am running 15 pounds now.

Air pressure is dependent on vehicle weight, IC, shock settings, clutch/converter, launch RPM, track temp, burnout and I'm probably missing a couple of things.

That said, you want to hit the tire as hard as you can, without beating the tire to death and being able to control the tire once you smack it.

IMO, you are probably 3-5 pounds too high on air pressure. Maybe. Depends on your shock settings. And all the above.

I try to use as much pressure as I can and still hook it. With a DA shock you can control the suspension not only easier, but with much more accuracy.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston