Originally Posted By Exit1965
B&M pro stick, this video shows that it doesn't just slap up into 3rd, but requires the handle to be squeezed? Is that right. Why would they do that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooXaFtrTGtU

Re the Pro ratchet, I have one and drive it around every weekend on the street. I'm never confused about what gear I'm in and if I ever do look at the shifter, e.g. sitting at a light to see if I'm in 1st (or I might just try to ratchet it back), it's certainly not anything that takes any thought or effort.

Yes on the B & M Pro stick you just pull it back for second gear and then squeeze the handle to pull third. Its so simple a 4 year old kid could do it. From first you just pull it straight back and it wont go into third so you squeeze the lever when you pull it back for third. Its not hard so squeeze the lever as its very easy and takes very little effort. I love it as I like a shifter that moves its position for every gear. I don't like the ratchet shifter like my brother used to run where the shifter returns to the same spot after every shift. I went with the B & M Pro Stick because it was not a ton of money and is simple to use. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 09/05/18 02:14 PM.