Turbo Action Cheateah shifter is like a hot knife through butter. Gets the job done easily, but not with the accuracy you sometimes need. While I’ve heard plenty of “went from 1-3” stories (which is usually remedied by HITTING/SLAPPING the 1-2, not pulling the shifter) I cannot recall anyone else having the automatic 1-2 shift that I did. Issue on that deal was with the 1-2 being a straight back the t/a shifter is pretty much relying on the ball/spring tension of the rooster comb on the valve body to hold it in place which in my case, the G’s from launch, the handle simply moved back. It was happening so quick it wasn’t until the third pass with our band new W8 mill that I watched it happen. What I ended up doing was pulling the valve body, removed the rooster comb and touched it up with my Dremel. I also put a very thin spacer in behind the spring. This made the valve body nearly impossible to shift on the bench by hand, but did create more resistance to where the shifter had a better feel. It wasn’t too long after this that a nice clean N PPP with air came up for sale and I jumped on it.