We put air in the cylinder and couldn't hear anything out of the carb or tailpipe, or out of the valve covers.

Used the remote starter and watched the rockers only to see the exhaust rocker move up and down on that cylinder.

Pulled the intake and lifters and one of them was toast. The cam is wasted on that lobe as well.

What is confusing to me is the noise was there from startup but I changed rockers, lifters, pushrods a few times, adjusting the valves so I don't know how I missed that rocker not moving like the others. I re used this cam from prior to the refresh, maybe it had an issue then and slowly was getting worse? This lifter is not a Mopar one that originally came with the cam. I put a set of comp cam lifters thinking that was my noise.

I'm sure the internet will explode when I just do a cam swap without pulling the motor to be hot tanked and rebuilt due to the shavings and metal. I just did the oil pan on this a few months ago and I didn't see anything concerning on the magnet.

I plan on changing the oil after the install then again after break in. I'll check the cam bearings while I have it out.

camlobiew-1.jpg
Last edited by Charger446; 07/04/18 12:31 AM.