I thought it was just me...I dropped in a freshly built 512 low deck stroker into the car last year and on the second drive out this season started noticing spotting on the garage floor. Found a couple of the bolts to be covered in oil with no visible oil coming down the sides of the block. Motor was built using a Milodon road race pan and windage tray with an ARP stainless bolt kit. Bolts are 1/2" long and upon inspection many of them were only hand tight. Tightening I started to see the pan dimple so I stopped and picked up Andy's rail kit from Mancini. Got new stainless 3/4" long bolts with lock washers and put it all back together without taking the pan off (1" bolts would bottom out). Haven't been under the car yet to check it out.

Also noticed oil dripping from the bell housing. I pulled the inspection cover off and saw a drip hanging off the bottom of the crank flange, but everything else was dry so I ruled out a leaky rear main. Must be coming from the top somewhere in the back, but haven't had time to track that one down yet.

Motor has a little over a thousand miles on it. Really annoying...

Last edited by MarkM; 05/26/18 12:50 PM.

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60