I am getting just as tired of a leaky oil pan as I am hearing people say "They all do that." 440 based 493, currently with a 6 quart pan.
What the heck, man ?? I have had a few different pans on the car, different bolts, used no washers, flat washers, lock washers...I have always used the Mopar Performance windage tray & gasket sandwich: 2 gaskets and steel tray. I don't officially "torque" the oil pan bolts but do tighten them just until the gaskets squish a bit, just like I've done with every other engine. This one weeps oil though, especially after I've been out romping on it. I do have a working PCV in it.The rear main is dry, The left side too. I checked the screw in plug under the fuel pump and it is dry there. I get oil dripping off of some bolts but not others. I have always installed the bolts in dry, no sealant.
I have heard of some drastic measures....Ever heard of "The Right Stuff" ?? I have never used it but I hear that it is some super sealing cement-like gasket sealer. That would be great if I never planned on removing the pan again. I've read that it sets up so hard that stamped steel stuff like valve covers, timing covers and oil pans get bent when you try to remove them later.
Is there a better way to go? I want to retain some type of windage tray. I did buy one of those plastic windage trays from Jeg's, the self sealing ones that are similar to those plastic transmission pan gaskets. What has been your experience with them? Good?
Finally....I have always used a high volume oil pump in my engines. Some claim it is overkill and costs power, that the stock pump puts out enough volume and pressure. What is your opinion on this?
Thank you for any help that you can give.

Summer 2013 137.JPG