Originally Posted By ric3xrt
Originally Posted By dogdays

It's been reported here that the owner of Dart, Dick Maskin, was asked directly by a board member if he had plans for a Chrysler block and he replied that the volume just wasn't there.

R.

Marketing figured there would be a demand for About 700-800 G2 hemi blocks the 1st 2 years and drop off to 120-200 after that.
There was work on a tall deck G3 hemi block but it was decided that the engine would be too wide for any practical retrofit application, not to mention the Intake manifold issues

I dont think a 1/4 deck height would make much difference externaly (except the intake witch I think a simple spacer could deal with) but internally it would, you could add 1/4 stroke and 1/8 rod length. At the very least they could give us an iron siamese bore block so we could get more like 4.25 bores, the BGE/hellcat block is almost siamese (the bores are together 1/2 way up). Even with the current limit on displacement they are pretty awesome, they can be built to rev really high and make up for the lack of CID.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!