Originally Posted By domingo
Why did Mopar Performance stop doing the old Megablocks??? from like back in the 90s?

And then why did MP stop again when they started doing them again like 10 years ago?

Why did World Stop making the HEMI blocks???

Where is all that tooling? Those were all good blocks....werent they?

Having worked for a foundry I can tell you that the dies/molds are not always owned by the entity actually selling the product, not always owned the by foundry, or whom ever. All depends on how the contract was written. I personally scrapped toyota GM ford and Chrysler dies. We held onto them for xxx amount of time then Scrapped them. Some does we’re owned by those car makers others by the foundry. All depends. Does not mean they are gone. Doesn’t mean they are still. Around either.

Where I worked we held onto VW oil pan dies for seven years after ceasing production. Then we scrapped them. On the other hand I am sure there are Dana 44 axle housing does still here.
If world or Mopar had the calls coming in for them and they owned the molds they could run some blocks.

Another variable - who did the machining - some foundries do it. Some don’t. Would Mopar have the tooling? Likely not but I would think world might.

I used to care but....... things have changed