need help- bad as I hate to say it!

car finally back from getting a simple 8 point put in.

Mocking up drivetrain:
AR engineering motor plate, empty 413 bock with main caps, empty 727 case, stock 72 Duster trans mount bracket and rubber mount for mock up.

Problem 1 : I didn't pull pull old trans out, have mount in with "lip" to the rear as it seems like being toward the front limits access to speedometer drive ( but not cable- we wont be using anyway, so doesn't matter)- plenty of clearance on upper trans bolts for a ratchet wrench or open/box wrench- is this correct?
if mounted the other way, engine moves back another 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

Problem 2 : I used a 1 1/4 inch piece of tubing ( thanks Andy ) through the mains, through trans case to help align engine to rear pinion - not going well it seems.

motor plate has to be all the way over against drives side inner fender on frame rail to get real of trans aligned with pinion- im still off to the driver side approx. 1/2 to 3/4 inch.
How much play "right to left" on alignment is within good tolerance?

pinion angle ( verticals) I can get, no problem, its the horizontal plane thats giving me grief.

trans to firewall looks square, engine though looks like its angled from front drivers side to rear passenger side.

It "looks like" i need to modify trans mount hanger, move trans toward passenger side and then motor plate to passenger side to everything can be straight side to side , back to front.
This would also put me closer to TTI specs on split.
right now the difference is 2 inches instead of 2.5
I'm 14 1/16 from pass side frame rail to crank center line.
I'm 16 1/16 from drivers frame rail to crank center line.

I'm way, way behind on this car and- frustrated.

Rear housing is square to the car on all measurements.
there is no way for me to hit pinion nut to front of crank center unless i move rear of trans.
Right now motor place is sitting half on and half off passenger frame rail as we cut off all of the folded up area on that rail.

Install just looks all wrong- goofy, not square.
yes, Im aware engine sit to passenger side- just don't want driveshaft/u joint issues etc.

swimming in it in Texas, sheesh!

Rusty