Originally Posted By a12rag
The FMJ spindles are not an issue - they are a factory built part.

Yep, for a different platform.

Quote:
They have been tested by Ma Mopar.

Yep, and they are intentionally different for a reason because "Ma" knew they needed to be.

Quote:
The spindles are not going to disintegrate or come apart, and the issue on alignment - no issue. I took my car to the shop and did not mention a thing, they lined it up and it tracks perfect and is not wearing tires, steers and brakes like it should.

Yes, because the extremely limited static measurements from an alignment rack will guarantee your setup as fool proof, and are identical to the care and cubic dollars that were engineered in by Chrysler Co.

Quote:
Why should it matter if "you align it yourself" in your garage, versus paying for a shop to do the same thing ??? Is that like saying that those that "restore a car themselves" are not as good as paying HUGE $$$$ to a shop to restore the car

You are missing the point entirely. We have members who actually race their cars. These cars are well beyond factory tolerances, and come complete with custom parts set at custom specs. They will have caster/camber settings that a street car will not, but more importantly these people will know their vehicle a heck of a lot better than the average enthusiast who simply wants cheap disc brakes. Not everyone has the knowledge base, and those who do should not recommend changes that would ordinarily be part of a larger picture.

Quote:

If you ONLY USE NOS/FACTORY parts for your car, because they are FACTORY and won't look at "aftermarket" parts, you sure have more $$$ to spend on your car than I do . . .

I have no issue with aftermarket parts. But then again that's not what we are talking about. What we ARE talking about is needlessly using an incorrect factory part.