Originally Posted By a12rag
I will chime in, as I have done the F,M,J body disc swap on my 70 Sport Satellite . . . no issue with the taller (think it is like 1/8"??) spindle. My car has 10,000 miles on it since doing . . . couple things I ran into . . . needed to put a washer on the bottom original bolts (on the nut side), used rear mount calipers (think from 5th ave), so that bleeder screw was in upper position, and stainless steel brake lines from Dr. Diff . . . no issues at all !!! Think I used the larger rotors with the caliper adapter . . . no tire wear issues - the larger spindle issue is supposedly at FULL extension, where the upper ball joint "might" bind or hit ?? . . . I have never had issue (also used tubular upper control arms from Firm Feel) . . . all is talk until you do it in real world . . . just saying . . . Oh, and yes, have 15x7 road wheels (magnum 500's) . . .

Cheers

Mark

You have a lot of other variables going on there than just spindles. There is also the difference between what is passable and what is ideal. The right spindles are not that hard to find. Keep in mind that Chrysler produced BOTH types concurrently for several years. If they felt it was apples/apples or at least of marginal difference they would have superseded to the taller spindle across the A/B/E platform.

If you are going with tubular arms and other non-OE pieces then it probably doesn't matter. Those parts will most likely provide the adjustment necessary to get things back into spec, which you can more easily accomplish by simply using the right spindles to begin with.