Count me in!
Old school FED. 96 ich wheelbase. quarter eliphtic front suspension. Mild steel chassis 1 5/8" as per NHRA /IHRA rulebooks. Solid narrowed 8 3/4 with 3.91s
225 slant six overbored to 246 cubes. mild hydraulic street grind. Severly ported head. Windage tray. 904 trans with MP ecno converter. Made everything. Front axle, chassis, shifter, steering wheel, engine is my build from another project. Intake manifold is 6 snowmobile carbs on a homebrew intake. No chrome since for me das ist verboten. Car is an absolute ball to drive and cost was low. It was fun to build too. I call it the Sr Dragster. Cause old guys need fun too. It worked perfect first pass. This year i want to put in a race grind cam and perhaps more converter . I think with careful flogging I can get it solidly in the elevens.Time will tell. In the meantime it draws a crowd and is giving this old gray haired guy some very enjoyable moments. It even made it on TV2 weeks ago. (Gearz TV Speed)There is something about setting your parementers and sticking to them and then just working step by step to see what you can wring out of your combo that i find very satisfying.
Don

5075364-dsc00025_0001.jpg (124 downloads)
Last edited by Don369; 03/07/09 12:01 AM.