Can't say that I don't agree with the "splice just makes one more place to leak" theory laugh2

I've read the MW manifesto Doug. That was linked on another rear brake discussion quite awhile back. I "kind of" thought the rear drums should work for my deal, but like I stated earlier, since getting the W8 mill running we've been killing front rotors a lot sooner than I prefer. I was also a little leary of the "skid test" you noted, although it probably falls into the better than nothing bin.

I'm running the Wilwood 150-8850K pads

"Wilwood Smart Pad BP-10 brake pads feature a medium-friction compound with the low noise and low dust of a street performance compound, plus the increased friction characteristics of a semi-metallic race compound. They have smooth engagement, with consistent response from a flat torque curve throughout their entire effective temperature range. These pads have good low-to-middle temperature wear rates and they bed quickly and provide a fast response without excessive abrasion on vented iron rotors. They are ideal for a variety of high performance street/strip, drag race, and track-day categories using vented iron rotors. They also provide light-to-medium braking on dirt tracks, including late models, Modifieds, sportsman, and street stocks"

my new front rotors (solid, not slotted) should be here today, and I stock pads for them now (another lesson learned) so maybe we'll try it without the valve and see how it goes.