The ridge in the intake port is for flow. They call it a floor wing or a vane. It sits in the low velocity part of the port and helps the mixture make the turn into the valve. At least that is the theory. I suppose Trick Flow did a bunch of flow bench development with and without the wing but they didn't post any of that information on their website so I'm just guessing that they found that it helps. I don't think I've seen a wing like that in any Mopar ports but I've seen it before in some Chevy engines. [/quote]
I seem to remember a article in one of the drag magazines years ago about adding dams in the intake manifolds intake ports to aid airflow, I guess it didn't catch on back then confused
I had a hemi motor that had been built by Petty Ent. for a clone NASCAR 1967 Plymouth of Marty Robbins car, it had the big two piece single Dominator flange bathtub NASCAR intake with a bunch of air dams and ridges cut into the floor.
That intake had the best fuel distribution as far as the EGT reading(all within 25 F from part throttle loaded at 1300 RPM to WOT) of any motor I've dyno tested up
Ford had so many variations of the FE race heads it ain't even funny haha

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)