Quote:

that's why the calculator uses MPH, not ET. chassis setup shouldn't affect MPH too much. they'll kill your launch, which affects etc. try it next time you're at a test & tune by varying your launch. go for a hard launch, then a light launch...you're ET might vary widely, but your MPH will probably be very close.

That's been my experience.... soft launches vs. hard launches, and even some gearing changes, that had a big impact on ET still ran extremely close (if not identical) MPH.

Quote:

Ryan- I'd assume then that the moroso calculator is actually calculating power to the pavement, not flywheel HP? or does it have some algorithm in it to accomodate drivetrain loss, at which case, then it looses accuracy, as a manual trans probably has a good 15-20HP efficiency gain over a 904, which has a good 15-20hp efficiency gain over a 727....

All I know is Dwayne Porter's dyno also seems to be fairly consistent with the Moroso calculator, whereas another dyno I used previously probably showed an easy 10% above what the Moroso calculator comes up with.

3700#s and 122.5 MPH = ??? HP... somewhere around 520, maybe? Would have probably made around 540 HP on Dwayne's dyno (no accessories and open exhaust, vs. run in the car w/ full exhaust system, etc.), yet made 590+ HP on the other dyno.