Quote:

Ryan,is that Johnny Pennington's engine? If so it is very impressive,I speak with him every year at the Bristol Mopar show. His dart is super clean and very exciting to watch and he's a super nice guy to boot!

Yep it's Johnny's Dart, and yes very nice guy.

Aaron, I don't remember much about the rest of the combo, except he has a JPT 8" converter somewhere in the 5200 stall range, it is a 727 some local guy to him did (South Carolina), that does'nt have a ton of trick parts in it. I don't remember what gear, and it is not a "big tire" car. Here is a pic of it. Only reason I know some about the verter and trans is becasue he pulled the shortblock apart and found his thrust bearing was in bad shape on the backside so I was asking him about what was behind the motor.

Andy: It's a '70 Coronet 500, turning it into a SuperBee clone. Orange, white vinyl top and white C stripes. Driving to Michigan this Saturday to pick it up. Should have insurance, registration, plate and inspection done and driving it next week. Going to put my 410 Edelbrock motor in it for the time being, and drive it daily.

2614196-caratjackson.JPG (1008 downloads)