Quote:

I think those calculators are close for cars that are well sorted out. when my motor let go I was just starting to tune the chassis and feel it would've gone 1.22 60', 8.90 @ 152 but that is JMO. If I had a 3 speed probably would've seen 8's long ago as it was a soft leaver w/1.76 low. Needed more SLR

remember the race is to the finish line, my old junk is STILL the quickest/fastest W5 on moparts.

Yep. I don't think anyone ever claimed to have a faster or quicker W5 car than yours, at least on this board. I have seen a very light Sundance tube chassis run in the 8's with 5's NA. And looking at the MPH and weight in the calculator your old 422 W5 was the most powerfull one I have seen on this board as well. I don't think anyone ever disputed that, and I don't know why you are so defensive about it. Maybe someone said something to you about it in the past that I don't know about... Dunno. It certainly should have made power, it's big inch, big head, sheetmetal intake, dry sump and injected methanol. I'd be disapointed if it did'nt make power. I'm just stating that based on weight and MPH it probably is'nt the most powerfull 59* motor out there, it's pretty darn close but.. I'm looking for the best, not the closest. So hopefully you feel better now that you've heard me say that it is probably the most powerfull W5 motor I've seen to date. I guess that is what you wanted to hear

Rt66Jim pretty much summed up the intent of the post, much better than I could have.

So back to our regularly shceduled post..... any takers Weight/MPH with Quick 59* motors?