Originally Posted By RapidRobert
Quote:
Everything I have done has made it a tiny bit better each time but it’s never been eliminated all together.

When I un-plug the vacuum advance it gets better.

Compression test revealed 155psi on cylinder 8 with engine warm and carb wide open cranking on it for about 5 seconds.
I’m going to remove the valve cover and do a leak down test on cylinder 8 and hopefully that reveals something cause this is driving me insane.
I reread back thru the old thread. with these changes/adjustments makeing it better it would not be the balancing. unplugging the can changes (4) things: reluctor gap/Rotor Phasing/timing/rotor tip to cap terminal air gap (related to RP) but the RP is corrected which gets the best rotor radial air gap & iirc you bumped the timing up to make up for what the can took out correct? there might be a ring issue causing the fouling but iirc you said it was fuel not oil? How the can capped is helping things & getting #8 to fire is on my mind.

That’s whats on my mind as well.
I’m just going to do a compression test on all 8 cylinders and a leak down test and go from there for right now.
Everyone else I have chatted with about this seems to agree that something is causing number 8 to get more fuel.
And they all seem to think it’s a valve or valve spring problem.
I’m also going to remove the valve cover and see if I can see anything out of the ordinary.
I have a feeling whatever is causing this is something that’s not so obvious but will make sense once it’s found.
It’s just finding it that sucks.