It is ALL about consistency. On the starting line with the car and your mindset.

As for practice trees, it is like hitting a baseball of a tee. Players never enjoy it but its all about muscle memory. You do not need to be in your car suited up and have a full size tree to reap the benefits. Any ole practice tree or app on your phone will work just fine. Its about teaching and working the muscles used in letting go of the button. Would setting in your car fully dressed with a full size tree and your car staged exactly how it would be on the track be beneficial, I am sure it would be especially mentally to the driver. But its not necessary. Just teaching yourself and your muscles involved to react to a flash is what you are after. Don't look for a .000 every time either. What is truly important is grouping numbers together. That is teaching you to react consistently to the flash. Nothing can be done if you CANNOT group your reaction times together consistently over a small margin. FWIW both my son and I can usually be around a .005-.007 grouping. In otherwords not varying more than .005-.007 from best to worst.

Once you can get a tight grouping its just putting it into practice on the track. Does it mean you will be .005, nope. But you can adjust the car to help get it to react quicker. Be it an adjustable switch, delay box, tire pressure, launch rpm etc. Then it is time to make the car consistent. That is one I think MANY people don't work hard enough on this area at all. Not to mention you need to learn to be a jr meteorologist especially if running division stuff or multi day big dollar bracket races where they don't run times runs daily. The there is the whole driving line strategy part and knowing your opponents...On and on....

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"