Cool, this thread got interesting, I was a poor boy bracket racer from 1977 until 2010, foot brake racing my 4 speed GTX then in order...a 69 Barracuda, a 137" slingshot front engine dragster, and my first rear engine dragster in 1989...all footbrake, winning was sporadic at best, in 1990 I built my first transbrake car, no delay box, got my arsh whipped on a regular basis by delay box cars, put a delay box in the car in 1992, still got my arsh whipped, it wasn't until 1993 that I started figuring it out, ran 3 more rear engine dragsters until 2010, 3 gold cards, 2 Wally's, 1 track championship, numerous big money wins, pretty much paid for my habit from 1996 until 2010 when I quit. Now...box vs no box, I don't care whether you are either...nowadays it takes (and back then) AT LEAST 3 things to win, the ability to cut a light, the ability to drive the stripe and a car you trust to know what it's going to do and this applies to either box or no box, both require TALENT, in my opinion...to some degree...money does not factor in, I've seen some of the best bracket racers win driving absolute bailing wired together junk and high dollar show cars...keep in mind most of the best bracket racers and/or S/C S/G S/S racers are racing somewhere almost every weekend...practice, practice, practice...

1968 Plymouth GTX
1974 Dodge P/U Long Bed Stepside 318
2019 Ram 2500 6.4, auto, 4WD