April 2017

Had some more parts powdercoated in black.

Tracked down a High Capacity fan blade. These are kind of hard to find, probably something to do with them being used on Superbirds.
There are 5 levels of Mopar cooling
1. Standard Cooling
2. Air Conditioning (bigger radiator with shroud, different water pump impeller, bigger fan blade & thermal drive with 2 rpm limits)
3. High Capacity Fan (pulls more air at all RPM, no RPM limit like thermal drive or torque drive)
4. Max Cooling (biggest radiator with shroud, air conditioner sized fan blade but with torque drive that has 1 rpm limit)
5. Trailer Towing (this is the Max Cooling radiator with the High Capacity Fan)

Ordered a 2998956 Max Cooling radiator from Glen Ray Radiators.

Tracked down a correct carburetor core and sent it to Harms Automotive for restoration. Scott Smith does Amazing work!

I've attached a list of the four barrel carburetors used on 1970 383 engines. (click on it or download it, and you'll be able to read it better)
It includes CFM ratings for the Carter carbs (difficult to find CFM ratings for those)
It also includes the correct Choke part number for each carb, correcting two typos in the parts book, and a note about superceded part numbers.
Scott told me that having the correct carb list # (R-4???A) isn't critical for proper function. The differences are minor, and he can build any Holley 4160 so that it will work like one of the other list numbers.
I ended up getting the correct carb list # for my car, but having Scott build it to work like an Air Grabber carb, since I added the Air Grabber Hood.

0421171110.jpg0425171834-1.jpgIMG_20170427_193056221.jpg1970 383 Carbs.JPG