December 2007

Time to move the Road Runner off the grass and into a different part of the yard with gravel.
I mounted some old tires onto a set of Crager unilug wheels that I had laying around. I needed something that would hold air for at least half an hour or so, and the car would look better with matching wheels.
Man these lug nuts are really stuck. OH, they're still the original left hand threaded lugs.
While I've got it jacked up, is the Sure Grip unit any good. No, it's not.

I did manage to get it moved over to the other part of the yard.
I also managed to round up an air grabber dash switch & vacuum canister since they didn't install any of that during the hood swap.
The Air Grabber Hood was from a 440 GTX, so I traded the 440 Air Grabber air cleaner stuff for 383 Air Grabber air cleaner stuff.
I got a factory tinted drivers window out of a junkyard to replace the one I was missing.
Hardtop (23) door glass is different than Coupe (21) door glass. Something to do with the B pillar I suppose.
I checked the Road Runner trunk lid to see if it had spoiler cutouts. Yep, the Go-Wing was optional on Road Runners built after Jan 1st 1970. This car was built in April, so the trunk lid was ready. I ordered a pair of reproduction spoiler brackets to go with the Go-Wing in the back seat.

I wasn't quite sure if I was ever going to actually build this car, but it made sense to round up all the parts because whoever did build it would want them.

DSC01199.JPG