March 2015

Ok, it's finally time to do something with this Road Runner.
I aired up the tires, loaded it up on a trailer, hauled it to a local car show to put the word out, and parked it by the highway with "For Sale" written on the windshield.
I also cleaned up the engine and applied the Mopar orange paint. (That's my 70 'Cuda in the photo with the engine.)
It was for sale for a few weeks. Some people stopped by, but no serious offers, just a guy who wanted to take it off my hands for dirt cheap so that he could rat rod it.

It had been a few years since I spent much time working on cars, and this was kind of fun. I had some money in the bank and an empty space in the garage. I decided to build the car and keep it. I don't like selling cars, it's more fun to keep them.
I removed the Air Grabber hood, and pulled the 400 engine with 727 trans.

About a week later, someone came by who was seriously interested. He has a Lemon Twist 1970 GTX with a 440 four barrel. He's had it since the early 70's. He's the second owner, but it's a northern car and really rusted out bad. It's rusted enough that the body is sagging and holding the doors closed. He wants to find a good body to move all his stuff over to. To late, I'm keeping this one. He gave me his contact info in case I changed my mind. I visit with him occasionally. He's getting pretty old, I hope he can build his car someday.

0314151356b.jpg0316151231.jpg0319151838.jpg0320151049.jpg