Quote:

Here's the brains behing the project. I have to say a big thank you to Brian and his dad. Brian spent a lot of time on the phone with me fielding my questions, concerns, and "idea's". At least re-using my cam with 1.7 rockers looks like it was a good one.

I'm very pleased with the results. Thanks Brian and Fred.

THANK YOU Glenn...although pics of me are taboo LOL!
I would use these heads again in a heartbeat over Indy's stuff. This build is really impressive when you consider the 2" shelf header, OOTB carb, mild intake work and mild camshaft.

Oh, and we used .013 lash on the cam. It liked 32° total best. The spacer netted us an avg. of 6hp and 6tq across the entire rpm range we tested from 4000-6500! But Glenn's not using it, as hood clearance is an issue.
800HP is very do-able with these heads and "regular" porting. There is more in the ports but seeing as this was to be a lower rpm engine than I normally do, I felt the porting would work best in the rpm range Glenn would run.

Now if edelbrock will clearance the heads better...

So any idea's what you guys think the car should run?? Trans brake, 2 step, 4.30 gear with 30" tire, 4-link, and about 3600lbs....
I think wide open it would go 9.60's in 1500d.a.
Maybe 9.70's....????????

Brian

Brian Hafliger