Myself I grew up in the 60's and 70's and loved the factory wars as it was so cool. But most were using their brand of eng which made it even cool when a Mopar beat a Chevy or an Olds beat a Ford or whatever. You could tell what the car was and you wanted the car like what you had to win. Honestly on TV I never cared to watch Top Fuel and I hate to watch bikes and even Funny car now. And thats because I just dont like any class that I cant relate to what kind of car it is. Top fuel and bikes all look the same so I am bored with it and I guess its because I grew up loving muscle cars that all had their own look so you knew what you were watching. I am also one of the ones who never cared who was driving the car because I voted for the car I liked to win and not the driver. Heck if my own brother was driving a Camaro and someone else was in a Mopar I would want the Mopar to win because I like them best. I also would much rather watch Stock and Super Stock then the Pro classes. But my favorite is Nostalgia Super Stock because they are all 60's and 70's cars that I love. I am also not a big fan of the Stock and SS classes where they put V/8's in front wheel drive cars and I like the naturally aspirated cars the most. Nothing wrong with the other classes that others love I just happen to love what I grew up with and cant help it but thats what I love.
I am the kind of guy who at a car show will walk right buy a car thats all customized with alot of chrome under the hood or a muscle car with a modern eng just so I can look at the all original looking 68 Cuda 383 car or a Max Wedge era car that looks original or like a Super Stocker from back in the day kinda like how I did my car. I know I am really stuck with the things I love from the old days but I have never cared much for any racing class where all the cars or bikes look the same. But I also do respect them classes for the hard work the people put into them and I respect the people who do like them. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 09/08/17 06:12 AM.