I definitely agree they are the pinnacle of n/a technology, and it is incredibly impressive what they're getting out of relatively small displacement engines.

However, it is difficult to relate to them. They are behind in automotive technology, most of the modern performance cars are supercharged or turbocharged these days, and everything is moving to direct + port injection as well. (like the factory shootout and super stock cars). Even other expensive series like WEC/IMSA start with production cars and powertrains, then turn them into race cars.

They are also well outside of any normal human's budget. I'm not saying a super stocker is cheap, but I personally know 2 people who have had Cobra Jets, and were able to compete without an incredible cash outlay. I don't know anybody who can afford to race a P/S car.

I would rather watch the super stock and factory shootout cars, but also haven't been to an NHRA race in years, so my input likely doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things!

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118