Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Originally Posted By 383man
I have run a few different carbs over the years but I gotta say I do like how nice the Holley 750 to 850 Double pumper works. I run the Holley 850 DP street version that had a choke which I removed but of all the carbs I have used I really like it. I only did a few minor mods to it because it just works so nice. Works fine at the track and has great driveability on the street. We run a Holley 750 DP on my sons 400 Dart and he loves it. We have had 3 different carbs on it and he always goes back to the 750 DP because it just works so good on his combo. I am sure I can go faster with a Dominator or one of the race carbs but for all around performance and driveability I love the 850 DP on my 63. Ron

I know that with a "Properly" tuned 1050 Dommy, you'd be amazed how street-able(Dragweek)they can be and throttle response and mid/upper power is eye opening...........

I wont disagree with you as you have run and worked with alot of Dominators. Myself I have never run one on my street cars and have only driven a few race cars with them. Actually I have never had a Dominator on any of my cars including race cars. But thats because most all my cars have been mild builds as it seems most of my life I was married with kids and just never had the money to build anything nasty. To be honest my 63 is the most modified eng I have ever run and is the first build of mine that I have ever used aftermarket aluminum heads on. I worked on some for others but all my other builds have been factory cast iron heads that I did my own head work on. I had to stay within my budget. Course thats why I dont have a Dominator on my car and have not tried one yet. But I do love how good the 850 drives and works on my car. I really hope to try a Dominator one day and I hope it dont eat to much more gas but I am sure it will. But like I say if I am worried about gas milage then I am in the wrong hobby. grin Ron

Last edited by 383man; 08/27/17 03:22 AM.