Originally Posted By jcc
I should have included a pic at the get go, I don't seem to have any good profile of the car at this moment. This is the car upon purchase. You can see it is not nor never will be a show, nor that collectible car. IMO, the roof is in the area of 2" too high, maybe 3", I am not looking for mail slot windows. Current windshield is not in good enough condition to warrant cutting. New ones are rare and pricey untinted only, $800? shipped?. Side windows I am very flexible as to a solution. Rear seating is permanently gone.

If you take 3" out of those roof pillars, the rear window will be pretty short, and will have the appearance of a mail slot. The only way to avoid that would be to lay the rear glass forward and keep its original measurements.

You need to take some good pictures, side, front and rear.

At $800, I'd be looking for a windshield from something else that will be your shortened size, and use the frame work around that windshield as a donor, grafted in as needed. The side windows are pretty flat, the rear side windows don't need to move, so flat glass bonded in will work for them. I think I would look into tilting the front side glass to fit, (if you bond in the rear glass, it can be tilted to match) it doesn't look like you will loose much width with the chop.

The advantage of chopping a car like that one is most people won't know what it looked like originally, and it would be pretty hard to make it look much more unusual then it already does.
Take those pictures, make some measurements, and locate a useful windshield and windshield frame, make a plan, and let the hacking begin. Gene