Originally Posted By 6PKRTSE
Originally Posted By Moparnutcase
Don't know how many were produced(consensus says but a handful)but in the past 10 or so years of ownership have not found proof of another still in existence or any that went to the bone yard.......1965 Dodge Monaco 426W with a 4 speed. As far as any one can tell it may be(but who truly knows)the only one left in existence. Have the Chrysler Historical docs to prove she is the real deal. Still waiting to see proof of another...... Valuable? To some maybe,maybe not. Rare....probably in the top 5 or worst top 10 list for rarity.

When I was a kid my Dad had a dark blue 65 Monaco Custom 880 with a 426 Wedge but his was an automatic with bucket seats & console floor shifter. Every Monaco or Polara I ever see always has a column auto. I remember he had some sort of proof & documentation that it was an Ex F.B.I. car. I still can remember how fast it seemed for such a big car. It was just before my driving age & he traded it off for a Family station Wagon!!!! Wish I could have bought it from him to this day.

Your dad had either a Monaco or a Custom 880,there was no 65 Monaco Custom 880.Also,all 65 Monaco's were bucket seat console,no column shift.I had both,the 413 4 spd I mentioned above and a 383 console auto.