I have always thought it was cool that every division had a name for everything , Same color, but Dodge called it this and Plymouth called it that . Same with Ford and Mercury , or Buick , Olds , Pontiac, Chevrolet etc.
It's what makes them unique , sets them apart from the crown .
People spent a lot of time coming up with those unique ad campaigns and slogans , like "white hat special" that's Dodge, not Plymouth .
Scat pack applies to Dodge, Rapid Transit system is Plymouth .
I am the kind of person that always tries to call it what it is , not what the sheep say . That's just me . But, people are always going to call Super Commandos "Magnums" they are going to call Dodge N96 ramcharger hoods "airgrabbers' , people will always call magazines "clips"
People will always call Detroit lockers, twin grips and sure grips by the GM "posi" term and six barrels will always be called six packs by 99% of the population .
I am certainly not trying to be "politically correct", just simply correct ,
or at least reasonably close as often as possible.
That's just me . Your results may vary .
To me when I hear someone refer to a Plymouth as a six pack, it sounds exactly the same as it they said they were going to the Plymouth dealer
to look at all the new Scat pack cars ...it just doesn't jive man .
I guess when you do this Mopar gig every day in one aspect or another for over 30 years, you just get set in your ways.
I am still going to cringe when I see a 69 GTX with a 440 magnum pie tin on the air cleaner . Dat ain't right . Don't even get me started on Plymouths with bumble bee stripes ...

Greg

gregward@mchsi.com phone 256-852-0955