So in a fine turn of events, I'm relocating from Warshington to central Oregon in a few weeks. As you may know, Oregonians can't pump their own gas and no exceptions for weird cars.

The filler on my 67 Coronet wagon has always been unkind to full-flow fills – if I don't hang the nozzle half out of the opening it will back up the filler tube or spash back out of the hole.

The vent tubes work - you can see gas come out of them and squirt back down the filler as the tank starts getting full, but they can't keep up. This is a non-emissions car so I only have the tank-to-filler vents, no engine-side fuel vapor stuff.

Is there later-model hardware or some modification I can do to get the car just take full flow from a modern pump without backing up the tube? I can't take the car to a place where they just lock the pump open and walk away, I will dump gallons down the side of the car...

1967 Dodge Coronet Deluxe station wagon

1.03" T-bars, QA1 arms/rods, Cordoba/GM Metric/Volare brake & knuckle, XHDs, Hellwig rear sway, 318 Magnum w/ air gap, 727, 3.23s