Red: Yes! Please do. What info do you have about the A-Arms themselves? Since I want to strip everything from one donor truck, I'd think that the most important thing is if the mounts on the frame will accept the parts from the donor. This might be more involved than simple interchange listings, because it's not like I'm trying to use a newer spindle with an older arm, or something like that. Or maybe we need to look at frame measurements to see if the mounting points from 72-80 and 81-93 differed?

Rustbucket68: I felt the same way about it. Like when Ford went from F-1 to F-100 then to F-150. Just a simple change to make the vehicle sound newer.

Ruderunner: No worries, I'm not changing anything yet. This is research time only. I have several other ideas for front suspension. I'm trying to start by working with what I've got. But unfortunately, I'm not sure of what I got. And I don't want to throw good money after bad trying to remedy the situation. And as far as axle weight rating, I'm sure that the lighter one will be fine. Because just remember, I'm not planning to carry a big load, just pull one.

Everyone: At work tonight (technically last night I guess), I had a couple of thoughts.

1. Since the spindles are from an unknown car, what assurance do I really have that the A-Arms aren't also? I can't guarantee anything at this point. Maybe when I get it apart and can find some casting numbers?

2. If this gets too involved, I'll just hunt for a full chassis, or just have the yard whack it off back under the cab. Then I'll take my pick-up bed trailer and remove the hitch head and graft on the newer front onto it.

Thanks again everyone!

25 Dodge Roadster
66 D100 440/727 (on 72 D100 chassis)
67 W200 360/727
72 IH TravelAll 1110 4x4 345/727/NP205
76 Scout 2 360/727/D20
'08 Dakota SLT Quad Cab 4wd 4.7L