Hey Gene! cool

I'm shooting for the 8-10K range for trailer weight towing capacity. I'm keeping my eyes open for a vintage travel trailer to restore and take out, and I want to pull it with a matching vintage vehicle. And they're often much heavier than modern trailers. If it gets beyond 10k, I'll likely just get a late model Diesel pickup. But I'd rather use the old truck. But this is several years down the road at this point.

As for obsolescence, I'm sure there will be some of that, especially since it's not a GM vehicle. But I'm just wanting to work with what I've got. I have several ideas for other suspensions and/or chassis swaps. Each one being more involved and expensive than the next. I just want to keep this low buck, quick and simple right now. For the short term, the truck will sit a lot at my Dad's place, get driven once a week or so down to the hardware store or something, and only really work if I need to haul or tow something (which won't likely be very far). Long term, the truck comes back to me and I'm highly likely to build a full tube chassis and drop in a 440 Source stroker kit into a 440 I have and go blast around trying to make my wife pee her pants. laugh

My immediate need is for some rotors. But since they're apparently from a car, I have no idea what they're from. So I basically have to replace my spindles/rotors, just to know what I have. So it makes sense to me that if I need to change those, that I bump up to the 3/4 ton stuff. And make it a more practical vehicle that way.

I remember from my Dad's 86, that it had a Quadrajet carburetor, a GM steering column (and maybe box) And something else that seemed distinctly GM.. Maybe the master cylinder? Anyway, with the slight mix of GM stuff, maybe some years had interchangeable parts with GM? shruggy I guess that I was hoping that someone had this info on the top of their head.

25 Dodge Roadster
66 D100 440/727 (on 72 D100 chassis)
67 W200 360/727
72 IH TravelAll 1110 4x4 345/727/NP205
76 Scout 2 360/727/D20
'08 Dakota SLT Quad Cab 4wd 4.7L