Exhaust valve hit yes and is bent as is the intake valve and some shrapnel damage to the chamber but nothing big, easy fix.

Yes to clarify we think that's when it went boom. As it shut off then.

Broom Hilda we are still weighing options. Appreciate the info and we may be getting ahold of you. Kind of looking for a shortblock, just something solid and decent parts. May have one located already. Everything else from the engine is fine except #6. Crank has no damage it appears, heck even that rod bearing in that hole was fine. So if we could locate someone with a block crank and rods and pistons we are set.

Pittsburgh, we have a B1 engine sitting here that is a new build with only dyno time. Just not sure I want to go there now. We also have one we have been collecting parts for as he has monies. It was to be next years engine for him. Just a basic 850ish HP aluminum block deal. Just needs pistons, cam and a few other small things to get machine work done. Heads are done, block is waiting final hone.

Wax, Other project is basically done. We have a date next week with Gary Hansen to get the air pan built for the scoop and some other little odds and ends finished up. Then it is pretty much ready to go, just have to make an engine decision. Might pull it back out and change some stuff and fix a couple little issues. One reason I don't want to put the other Kb/B1 deal I have in the dragster as I am thinking of putting it in the Stratus for now while we address some issues.

Myron yep want to get him back in the car sooner than later. He is still learning and don't want that to stop. He is not running points here this year as his older sister has her wedding on the ET finals date. But if he were he would be top 10 right now, I believe tied for 5th even not going anymore rounds Saturday due to the failure.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"