Originally Posted By Triple Threat
frown

Been there, no fun. Time to toss the 511 in.

I sold the 511 to a guy in NorCal that needed an engine as this one just needed to finish out the year and has been doing fine.

The cylinder wall let go, surprised really it hydrauliced the cylinder. Never actually seen one do this before. Just dropped the heads off at a local shop, the guy he beat in RD 1. Told him wish you have won that round as we would have loaded up and likely found the issues next fire up when the cylinder filled with water. Then would have just been a block. So to answer the head question it bent both valves in that cylinder as well as banged up the head a bit. No real big damage will get fixed and be good to go. All the damage to block and heads were limited to #6. Still spun like butter once we removed the loose chunk of piston. All the bearings looked new as well. Need to scramble now to find something for the kid. I don't have anything except a couple of aluminum B1's to put in it and not ready to do that yet as they will likely be under the 7.50 mark.

Will post a pic up of a piston later. They are no use to me at this point.

Greg I had a good low deck built but see above. Someone was in need and I let it go. I have a couple 400 blocks left but not sure I wanna put a lot of money into one to finish the year. We will have an Indy/B1 for it next year just need to order pistons for it, a cam and get some good rockers for it. Then assemble it and get it in the car. He is on a tight budget and I am done paying for everything.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"