Originally Posted By BigBird
Originally Posted By ek3
what changed ? the heads shaved ? your push rods are orig and rockers ? did you deck it ?

Heads and block were milled less than 10 thousandths total combined. The only thing new were the cam and lifters in the valve train. I've milled a pair of 440 heads 60 thousandths with out issues on the valve train in the past.

What lifters do you have ?? Have you CONFIRMED correct pushrod length?

AMC and Chrysler both use a .904 lifter, the seat height of the lifter is .200 HIGHER in an AMC, if you have AMC lifters ... MANY HP lifters are built now to AMC spec for some reason ??? ... and you have stock Chrysler length pushrods your valves will ALWAYS be open which may be why you THINK the lifters are always pumped up and never bleed down because the lifters are always bottomed out ...

You mention wrong cam maybe?? The only other cam that is going to fit into a BB Chrysler block is a HEMI cam and it has different intake and exhaust positioning, but will be a 3 bolt front instead of a single bolt front, is the cam single or 3?

It should be pretty simple to figure out if the lifters are bottom out by looking at them when the rocker gear is installed.

I always run the engine first before on a run in stand now to break the cam in and look for any leaks that can not be seen easily when it's installed in the engine bay and all the accessories are installed, like one I had on a brand new oil pump from bad machining by Melling ... I think your issue should be easy to see.

running up my post count some more .