Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
I'm assuming that the motor is in the car with the starter working, correct? If so pull all the push rods out except the two for number one cylinder and pull all the spark plugs out so you can spin the motor over on the starter with your finger or a compression gauge in the spark plug hole to see if that cylinder is making any compression or not scope
If the dots on the crank gear and the cam gear are marked correctly and you do not have the dot directly above the crank gear tooth aligned with the cam gear dot you should be close enough to get the motor to start and run. Check and see if you aligned the crank gear dot out near the teeth or the one directly above the crankshaft key way, if you used the inner dot on the crank gear remove it and retime it with both dots nearest the gear teeth scope thumbs

Motor is in the car. I am trying all the options before pulling the front off the engine as it has AC and all re-installed. I bleed 2 lifters off on #1 cylinder and will install them tomorrow while taking all the rest of the push rods out. That will tell if that is what I'll have to do.