Originally Posted By RapidRobert
some timing sprockets have a complicated combo of dots/squares/triangles/ovals etc. the piston will be at TDC when the crank keyway is at 1:30 o'clock (that ain't exact but close). On the crank sprocket the "mark" closest to the center hole ID where the crank snout goes into is supposed to be for locating which keyway to use for adv/ret/straight up and the "mark" closer to the OD near(er) higher up to the tooth root is the one to use for getting it "dot to dot" (& a 3 keyway set with have 3 of those "outer" marks). I've been bit on this before cuz some marks ain't stamped dead on & are misleading and different brands can have a different combo of heiroglyphics. Keep us updated..

Well all went back together and I got a hold of the FItech guys today and sorted out the problem I was having. A simple fix after I got a hold of them. They need more techs. Tomorrow I hope to fire it and break the cam in. Another step forward on a long term project. I'll drive it as a rat for a season then strip the body down for a repaint.