Originally Posted By Chassisman
Originally Posted By dvw
The late B-body spindle is the same as the FMJ. However it will not fit the early A-body upper ball joint. The only A-Body upper arm that has the "normal" size upper ball joint is 73-76 A-Body.
Doug
Thanks...my Dad is the king of just tossing stuff together. I saw this pic and my jaw dropped. My Dart has NEVER looked like that even carrying both fronts in the air...

Until I resolve it ...the boy is just gonna be driving his S/C dragster...my Dart or working on his 7.0 Pro program.

dr. diff has a kit that allows the early A body ball joint to fit the B body spindles. it consists of a pair of tapered adapters that fit over the A body joint's pins that has the same taper as the B body spindle's hole taper. i used this kit on a 72 duster project using the rebuilt upper control arms and FMJ spindles. worked like a charm ! and a good price to boot ! might be something you may want to consider if you don't have a pair of 73-76 A body upper arms, and your original arms, bushings, and ball joints are in excellent condition.
beer