Originally Posted By Saskabusa
Originally Posted By Chassisman
Car runs 13.17 @ 4185 Lbs.... My dad used an old dumpster for floor pans and tubs...and trunk floor...couldn't pull the fronts with a rocket booster....LOL

4185 are you sure? That is incredibly heavy for an early A body.
Ya...we are sure...most west coast guys have seen this car...my dad was a drag racer in the 60's...off roader in the 70's...and Demo Derby guy in the 80's...Early 90's he built this car with left over derby stuff. The rear leak link bars are threaded power pole down guide anchors and weigh 35 lbs each.Made his own front leaf spring mounts out of 1/4" plate Trunk floor is 3/16 plate from hump to tail light panel. Mini tubs are made from 3/16 plate for sides and 1/8 steel 26" well casing flattened out. Subframe connectors are 2x2 1/4" wall tubing. K member is completely plated in 3/16 steel. 1960's vintage roll bar/ headrest is made from 2" thick wall black pipe with 6x6 1/4 plates sandwiched on the bottom. It has 361 truck cast iron manifolds running out the front of the K member for exhaust. Has PB...heater...carpet. Front seat is from an 80's Mustang and is heavy. He has 4/0 battery cables for both power and ground all the way to the trunk.It has all stock front fendewells.Has a full boat smogger 440/727 in it with 8 3/4 under it.
I keep threatening to put it on a diet...but my Dad freaks out everytime I mention it. Threatens to take the car back from my boy
My boy is 6' 270 football player and the car was wegihed with him in it....its a TANK...not an Early A Body... SMH.